George S. Azadian
George S. Azadian is a talented litigator with years of experience from two of the largest and most respected defense firms, O’Melveny & Myers, LLP, and Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP, where he represented numerous Fortune 500 companies in a broad range of actions. Mr. Azadian’s aggressive style and insider knowledge of the strategies used by large defense firms is invaluable to obtaining maximum relief for his clients.
Representative cases include:
- Represented plaintiffs in numerous class actions for violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) against debt collectors and their clients based on automated collection calls to cellular phones.
- Represented plaintiff a in whistleblower/retaliation action against a large investment bank based on plaintiff’s complaints of investor fraud in connection with the sale of auction rate securities.
- Represented a relator in qui tam action against a HMO arising out of refusal to treat patients covered under HMO’s Medicare Advantage plan.
- Represented the Chief Administrative Officer of a national HMO in a wrongful termination action arising out of her complaints that the HMO was abusing its 501(c)(3) not-for-profit status.
- Represented a group of physicians in an action against a hospital for retaliation due to physicians’ advocacy for appropriate patient care.
- Represented a relator in qui tam action against a hospital arising out of inflated medical billing codes used to seek reimbursements from Medicare and Medi-Cal.
- Represented plaintiffs in numerous wage & hour class actions for denial of overtime compensation and denial of meal/rest periods mandated by California law.
Admitted to Practice
- California State Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
Professional Awards and Affiliations
- Super Lawyers’ 2012 “Rising Star” Award In Class Actions and Employment Litigation (Super Lawyers selects attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and personal achievement; less than 2% of the lawyers in the state are named to the list.)
- Pasadena Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” Award, 2012
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Member
UCLA School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Ranked 7th/356 in Graduating Class
- Order of the Coif
- Specialization in Business Law
Georgetown University, Bachelor of Science
- Majored in Accounting
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude